Sharing is Caring!!!
Remember, for the first time you shaved and you felt how stupid you looked? This was the first lesson you learned – never, ever shave your beard. Unless you want to lose the most masculine thing about yourself. The point is, the beard is regal. Do not lose it.
Here is a list of amazing facts about Beard:
- When it comes to record holders, then Who is the longest bearded man in the world? The record belongs to Shamsher Singh of Punjab, India. Back in 1997, his beard was officially measured from chin to tip and it surprisingly came at 1.83 meters (6 feet). To keep this in perspective, the average male adult in the United States is 5 feet 10 inches. But the title of the world’s longest title, though it is no longer alive, belongs to Hans Langseth. In 1927 his Norwegian beard was extended to 5.33 meters (17 feet 6 inches). In 1967, the beard collected in Washington, DC in the Smithsonian Institution made its way.
- A survey state that, a man’s beard will grow 5.5 inches per year on average.
- If you wanted to keep the razor down and stopped shaving forever, how long would your beard be? the Answer is 27.5 feet. That’s huge!!!
- A man who shaves spends almost 3,350 hours of his life in the bathroom.
- There is approximately 30,000 facial hair surrounding your face.
- 55% of men around the world can be seen as having a shave or facial hair.
- Pogonophobia, aka fear of beard. Sounds strange! But if you have this then symptoms of this will be nausea, feelings of dread, sweating, and irregular heartbeat, among other people. Who knew that a soft, fuzzy beard could be a painful experience for some?
- The beard was taxed once, it is true. Peter the Great encouraged clarity and for those who did not comply, they imposed a fee of 100 rubles for one medal in a year. This medal worked as a license to wear a beard. However, the principal was not about money only. Read the inscription on the bearded license, “Beard is a useless burden.”
- Beard is considered as a symbol of wisdom. If you look at Socrates, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, and even Shakespeare, these philosophers can be seen with them. A favourite quote from my mind that comes to mind, “Lose your beard,” it was said, “And you lose your soul.”
- Do you know how popular are gold chains today in hip hop? Well, in the time of ancient Egypt, the gold beard was all popular. Men will dive their beards and give them a gold plate to show their high ranking position. Some wore a false metal beard, which is called “footprint”. Even the kings, queens and royal cows could be seen with occasions such as a solar eclipse.
- The government always does nothing. In the early 60s, CIA Fidel has come up with a plan to put thallium salts in Castro’s shoes. Thallium salts are those women who use a duplicate in the event of being familiar with you. Using them, the goal was to destroy Castro’s public image by exiting his beard. His shoes and beards were never tampered with and the result was the plot failed to take any action
- In 1535, Sir Thomas More was placed on the guillotine and was waiting for his retrenchment. Before she could start, she reached down to her long beard, pulled her aside, and said, “She never did any treason.”
- In the last 25 years, there have been 5 scientific studies related to beard attraction. Reed and Blunk, 1990. Muskeera and Cunningham, 1996. Neigh and Shields, 2008. Dixon and Brooks, 2013.
- The beard enhances three things: your age, social status, and aggression. In the study of Dickson and Casserole (2012), women found that bearded men were of large-looking and high social status. In a single study, there was a more aggressive presence in the bearded men when they used to make verses to a clean-minded man in anger.
- Want to stop acne in your tracks and have pimpy skin? Dr. of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center Shannon C. Trotter said, this “stop shaving” is simple. The truth is, shaving can spread bacteria around your face, hair follicles can cause infection and burn on the skin with a razor.
So, Which of these Beard Facts you find most Interesting? Do let us know in the comment box below..
Share this with your friends and tell them about these interesting Facts about Beard.
Till then Stay Safe and Keep Learning!!!