Sharing is Caring!!!
Who Was Albert Einstein?
Albert Einstein was The most popular scientist of the Twentieth century who totally changed scientific thought. By giving the Concept of Relativity, Einstein opened the door for the creation of the nuclear bomb.
Albert Einstein was born at Ulm in 1879, Germany to, Hermann and Pauline Einstein. A year later, Hermann Einstein’s business failed and they shifted to Munich to start a new electric business with his sibling Jakob.
In Munich, Albert’s cousin Maja Einstein was born in 1881. Only with two years difference in age, Albert loved his cousin and they got married in 1919. Interesting! Isn’t it?
Here are 30 Interesting Facts about Albert Einstein
- According to Denis Brian’s book, Einstein: A Life, Albert Einstein was born with a “swollen, misshapen head and a grossly overweight body,” which shocked his mother but eventually as time went on it shrank to ‘normal’ size.
- Einstein was a much-delayed beginner. He began talking at the age of four but still, he was not fluent until the age of 9. His mother and father were very much concerned about this but he appeared from his cocoon with them one night while eating dinner. He allegedly said, “The Soup is too hot”. When his mother and father asked why he did not talk before, he responded “Because up to now everything was in order.
- At the age of 17, Albert Einstein failed an early admission test for the Swiss Federal Polytechnical School (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule or ETH). Well, he passed the math and science sections but apparently failed the rest subjects like history, languages, geography, etc.!
- As compared to average Brain size Einstein’s Parietal lobe (part concerned with handling sensory information) was 15% larger than normal.
- After the death of Albert Einstein’s brain was removed for autopsy without the approval of his family.
- Albert Einstein mastered differential and integral calculus by age 15.
- Around the turn of the century, Albert Einstein’s financial situation was not good, then he started giving tuitions to youngsters.
- After the birth of his Son, Einstein discovered that having a new mouth to feed changed everything. He became so busy trying to support his family that he stopped combing his hair and visiting the barber. Slowly then, Einstein got his iconic crazy hair look.
- Albert Einstein used to listen to music and play violin and piano to get himself refreshed. He has been taking the violin lesson by the age of 5. Also, Einstein stated that if he wasn’t a scientist he would be a musician as he lives, thinks, and sees his life in music. He has also named his violin Lina.
- Albert Einstein loved to smoke. He used to smoke a pipe and also claimed that it helps man to calm and focus.
- Albert Einstein’s memory was very bad he could not remember phone numbers, faces, and dates. Even he did not remember his own phone number.
- Like other amazing people, Albert Einstein also has some unique habits. He hated wearing socks as he thinks that socks were useless.
- Fashion was not Albert Einstein’s strong point. As he used to typically wore an undershirt, baggy trousers held by a rope. He also wore women’s sandals occasionally.
- Albert Einstein was the director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics, Munich from 1913 to 1933.
- Albert Einstein was offered the Presidency of Israel in 1952 but declined it.
- Albert Einstein renounced his German citizenship when he was just 16 years old and remain officially state-less until 1901 when he became a Swiss citizen. He was classed as an Austrian, American, German and Swiss, and even stateless throughout his life.
- Albert Einstein married only female student in his physics class at Swiss Polytechnic School.
- After Einstein divorced his 1st wife, Mileva Maric, in 1919, he wedded his relative, Elsa Löwenthal (Einstein). How closely were they related?Quite near. Elsa was actually relevant to Albert Einstein on both sides of his family. Albert’s mom and Elsa’s mom were sisters (making them first cousin), and also Albert’s dad and Elsa’s dad were cousins (making them second cousin). When they were both little, Elsa and After Einstein had played together; however, their romance only started once Elsa had divorced Max Löwenthal.
- Albert Einstein was awarded the Nobel Award in 1921 for his discovery of the law of photo-electricity. Many of his other theories consist of the relativity, nuclear bomb, the development of the laser and space exploration.
- Albert Einstein paid his entire prize money from his Nobel Prize ($32,250) to his wife Mileva Maric.
- Albert Einstein’s first marriage lasted 16 years and had a contract outlining terms and conditions including the receipt of ‘3 meals a day to his room’.
- FBI had collected a file containing 1427 documented pages focusing on the Albert Einstein association with pacifists and socialists.
- J. Edgar Hoover (first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)) tried to keep Einstein out of the country and this was overruled by the U.S. State Department.
- In his 70’s, Albert Einstein told jokes to a depressed parrot (named Bibo) and try to make it less depressed. He believed that the parrot was depressed and it needs a laugh
- Albert Einstein invented many things. He had patent around 50 inventions during his lifetime. Some of these inventions include things like refrigerators and its several models, the self-adjusting camera and even a Blouse.
- Albert Einstein received numerous letters from the public, but he always tried to answer mail sent by children
- Albert Einstein was named “person of the century” in Time magazine year-end edition published on December 27, 1999.
- Yoda’s face from Star War was inspired by Albert Einstien.
- Dr. Thomas Sowell discovered a condition of delayed speech and it was named Einstein Syndrome.
- Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory show refused to learn drive. Remember? Similarly, Albert Einstein also refused to learn to drive.
Did you like these Interesting Facts About Albert Einstein? Do let us know in the comment box below.
Till then stay safe and keep Learning!